Bali is just south of the equator and has a year spherical tropical local weather with only 2 seasons – wet (Oct – March, high humidity) and dry (April – Sept). I have visited in both seasons, and located each are unpredictable, nevertheless, the temperature is normally constant at round 28 – 30. Even if it does bucket down with rain, you’re never cold! The mountain regions are all the time just a little cooler, notably at night time, so if you’re staying in that area it’s a good idea to pack a warm jumper.
What to pack…
– As little as potential!
– Smart-informal and comfortable is the norm, but bear in mind to pack comfortable strolling/hiking shoes.
– Sunscreen, insect repellant, hats and a folding umbrella for these sudden showers.
– An extended skirt for the ladies and pair of long trousers is a must, notably if visiting temples where this etiquette is a requirement. (In its place sarongs may be hired or purchased at level of entry very cheaply).
– When you put on glasses, it is a good suggestion to pack your spares in your suitcase.
– A face washer or hand towel for long journeys – if you happen to suffer humidity stress, a great refresher is to freeze a bottle of water and take the frozen bottle & face washer in a plastic bag on your trip for quick ‘cool downs’.
– Anything you may have forgotten can be bought very cheaply in Bali!
– Journey insurance coverage is a should – for those who don’t already have it – seek the advice of your journey agent or travel insurance coverage can be bought on line.
– Make 2 photocopies of your passport, credit cards, journey insurance coverage and I.D. data – leave one copy at residence (with a relative or friend) and take the opposite copy with you (in your suitcase) keeping it separate from the original documents.
– Take some spare money (for medical emergencies or otherwise).
– Most hotels & accommodation have safes – either at reception or in-room – use them on your personal safety & peace of mind.
– Using your credit card to make purchases in Bali is a secure and extensively accepted apply, nevertheless, at all times take care as you’ll wherever e.g. do not let your card out of your sight on the level of transaction.
– best spa bali seminyak has its share of petty crime the identical as any country – take care along with your purse or valuables at all times. (Drive previous ‘snatches’ are becoming more prevalent).
– Only change cash at your hotel, resort or reputable looking places where you belief the changer (and the calculator used) – traditional apply is to count your money back before you and a receipt is given.
– A good tip is to take a ‘cheat sheet’ foreign money converter with you – it’s going to solely be a rough information (as currency change rates change daily in Bali) however it could save the frustration of haggling over something which may solely be just a few dollars difference. You may make up your individual ‘guide’ from any of several on-line trade foreign money internetsites.